Approximately one-third of people over the age of 65, and over half of people over 80, will experience a fall at least once a year. While there are certain things that come with age, we believe that falls don’t have to be one of them! Our physical therapists are certified in the use of the evidence-based OTAGO exercise program. OTAGO has been proven to reduce falls by as much as 40%.
What does Rehab Concepts do to help you prevent falls?
- Assess your risk of falling
- Help make your home as safe as possible
- Educate you about the medical risk factors linked to falls
- Design individualized evidence-based exercises and balance training
- Educate you on nutrition choices
- Advise on proper footwear
- Recommend proper assistive devices